Monday, June 15, 2015

summer activity 1

June 15

finished: Before Watchmen: the night owl, silk spectre and dr. manhattan stories were good. the ozymandias and the crimson corsair ones were awful and the rorschach one was interesting but it suffered from putting its lone female character in fridge for no goddamn reason
The Trial (by Kafka) (comic format): interesting but rather hard to follow. I should read the book
The Faerie Ring: a waste of my time, would not recommend 2/10
Beautiful Darkness: one of the best comics I have seen in recent months, I want to buy it!
Elfquest the final quest (vol 1): I like Ember a little less with her new attitude, it's a little hard to get used to; but I do like her vulnerable moments. Was Ruffel made only so she could die? Still, I motherfuckin' love Elfquest, it left me hungry for more, I want to read Kahvi's story again
Chicken with plums: I'm thinking that Marjane Satrapi should publish a book called "assorted stores form Iran" or something and have chicken with plums and embroideries in it. Okay stories, if a little sad, by themselves
reading: young Miss Holmes
beauty queens
watched: Persepolis: it was nice to revisit this movie, but it only made my opinion that the original comic is better so much the stronger. There's more rawness and honesty in the comic
playing: Ni no Kuni: I will beat the solosseum if it kills me, this rank A event is fraying my nerves. I've never sworn so loudly or eloquently at a children's game before
Harvest Moon: tale of two towns: the game has long ceased to be fun and now it's just going through the motions for finishing each day. it's honestly a far cry with the fun I had with More Friends of Mineral Town. I'm hoping DS cute will be better. Right now I'm trying to finish the winter season to see if my character is pregnant but I might leave for a while because I don't want to play the two seasons of pregnancy

else
there are two cat song videos circulating and I think the portugese one is the superior one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tHTLd-WWA&feature=youtu.be
http://freshest-tittymilk.tumblr.com/post/121553496146/uchidachi-me-alright-are-you-ready-hattie

No comments:

Post a Comment